Friday 6 March 2015

POET'S CORNER

Beautiful piece by my friend ANITA EBOIGBE. She's a terrific writer, book author, movie director. Thanks for featuring on my blog. 
And oh she's 17.....


I am African, I know but would you rather beat me for it, or hate me. How long will I continue to strangle myself, hold my parents responsible and query my God for being African? My hair is black, my skin is black, my voice thick and my neck long but it doesn't change the fact that I am strong, bold and beautiful.
Take my hair as thick strands of binding cords that binds families and nations rather than whips of self defeat. Have a vision of my skin as black gold, priceless and full of life not as charred and dead to comfort. Make my voice a sound of wisdom and confidence and not as a cry of hunger or pain. Know that my long neck is not as a result of suffering but as a tool of foresight. INFERIOR, that's not my identity, its your ideology. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice piece and a beautiful and colourful blog.
    I'm black and I know it
    I'm African and I'm proud of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm black!! Even my blood is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao. No now. Metaphorically speaking

    ReplyDelete