Friday 14 November 2014

Things you shouldn't say on a first date

Everyone has at least one horrible first date story, and if you don’t watch what you say, you could find yourself topping someone’s list of worst dates ever. Coined these from personal experience and gist from my friends;
1. "I thought your name was a guy's name." Oga please ask me what my name means first before mocking me. (I get this a lot so it had to be number one)

2. "I love women with big boobs" really bros, no one cares.

3. "Damn girl. Nice racks!" We love being complemented o. A Lot. but leave our racks first. At least not just yet maybe later on. We'd prefer if you concentrate on our fine face, pretty eyes, lovely hair and nails, cute smile and so on. Definitely not the racks. It's embarrassing.

4. "I used to smoke" maybe it's cool to smoke where you come from but not around here. That info would scare most girls away. It's simply not necessary. Especially if you've stopped.

5. "God led me to you" led kwa? Next thing you'd need leading to kiss. I know you think it should be impressive that the holy spirit choose me for you but sorry boo it's freakish.

6. "I had so many side chicks when I was dating my ex". So why on earth would you say this to a girl you want to date? It sounds like a disclaimer for when you start doing it again.

7. "I can't take you to a fancy restaurant" Most people don’t want to date someone in financial trouble. If you can’t afford the date, wait till u can afford one worthy of a first impression! #bitter fact#

8. "I still live with my parents." hide the looser facts biko.

9. "You remind me of my mom." Women dread being compared to your mother.

10. "What's the difference between a houseboy and a gentleman" you really had to ask that? Asking this on a first date moves you from "potential" to "no way in hell"

11. "Our kids would be so cute" When you're not korode bello or Neymar you're  talking about me having kids for you already?

12. "My brother is in jail, and my folks are separated" we don't need to know your family is dysfunctional yet.

13. "I really didn't want to come, but I had to" like it was the girl that fixed the date for you.

14. "My name is Engr X" let's live it at first names only please. It's not an official date so calling your tittle is simply ridiculous.

15. "Want to see the lingerie I bought you?" do yourself a favour and stick to more traditional gifts.

16. "Can we go to your place later?" if you were not so shallow you might actually get to see her place sometime.

17. "Sex calms me" keep your sex talk far far away please. It's irritating. Period!

18. "Hope you can pound yam" do you want a relationship or a maid?

19. "I don't usually go for short girls" my typical ejiro fashion response: neither do I o. I like taller girls.
 I know You're trying to remember if you did such damages on any date. Lol- now you're smiling. Don't worry, most of these are forgivable as long as she likes you. I repeat, AS LONG AS SHE LIKES YOU.


15 comments:

  1. I think I'm actually guilty @ numba 7.. But I wasn't having financial troubles oo. Anyways tnx 4 letting me knw dt these things r actually forgivable (PENSIVE) she really likes me then woow..
    LOL. 11 and 12 so funny, do guys say dah on a ist date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You where not having financial troubles so why did you tell her you couldn't take her on a good date?

      Delete
  2. Lol. You should do a follow up post on what guys won't like to hear on a first date. . . . .but meanwhile, guys take note o.
    Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...yeah. but I wrote this from personal experiences as a babe. I can only say my own side of the story. You can tell us about the weird things women have said to you on your own first dates.

      Delete
    2. Ps: women are equally guilty on this subject. I'm sure iv said a few horrible things to a date before

      Delete
  3. Really sad to read that guys actually say things like that on a first date. # 5,9,11 and 18 are typical of Nigerian men lol. For #15, absolutely no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...yes o! especially number 5. "The holy spirit led me to you" Mr spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont Speaks bad of your ex if the topic arises...even if they were the devil...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't agree. So if you dated 'the devil' according to you, and you're asked about it, are you supposed to lie? Personally disliking your ex is a turn on. Why should you still like her sef? If That topic comes up, all I want to hear is 'I don't like her anymore'

      Delete
    2. Its not that I don't want to, she's this kinda girl dat really don't like outing as such... She preffers staying indoors with me...@Admin

      Delete
    3. Harry I know you. This is a lie from the pit of hell...loooooooooool.

      Delete
  7. LOLs I couldn't control my laughter after reading this o! Anyway I think you should always talk "more" about your great qualities and talk "less" of your short comings. This is not to say you shouldn't work on your short comings though.
    One way to check yourself is by asking this question: (As a guy) If I were that girl and she had all these qualities and short comings (i.e your qualities and short comings), will I date her?

    ReplyDelete