Thursday 27 November 2014

Have you been naughty or nice?


It has crept up upon us once again, 'CHRISTMAS' the season to keep all worries away. I know your thinking it's a little too early to be talking about christmas, we're still in November and schools haven't closed for the year yet. well it's my blog. (rolling eyes) I already dusted out my tree and it's ornaments, waiting for december 1st (monday) to put it up in the living room. 
So have you been naughty or nice this year? Ready for the cold season? Are you on santa's good book? What's on your wish list for christmas this year? Ok ok, cut the crap! Lol I'm just kidding. In this part of the world we don't do wish list, or santa. More like father Christmas or sekemlistic father Christmas according to my benin people. We don't do gifts so much either. Personally I wasn't brought up with gifts waiting for me under the christmas tree on christmas mornings. The best we got were new cloths. 

A Lot of people Travel home (village) from the city (I still can't wrap my head around the reason why people do that sha) to flaunt their american english speaking kids, new assets and affluence to their peers and kinsmen. Very common among the igbos. (I'm half igbo so I know) Apart from all that we celebrate the yuletide ambience with parties, music, drums, Christmas carol and midnight mass and of course with fireworks Bangad popularly called Knock out and bisko lights. Lol

This is just a warm up post for the most celebrated holiday in history. Merry Christmas in advance.

6 comments:

  1. Funny. Stimulating though. Making me think of Christmas so "early" in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of u are even late... I have been thinkin of Christmas since after my bithday. That was october. I love everythin abt christmas. Good post!! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Haha....thinking of christmas since huh? lol

      Delete
  3. A heartwarming write up. Lovely pictures too. Though spending can be a lot around here at christmas-its one spending I love to do. Merry christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ovo. Thank God I'm not on the spending side yet. Happy to 'chop' all the spenders money this christmas. Yours inclusive. Lol

      Delete